Rules of the Road
For the Latest COVID-19 Updates, Click Here.
Driving Regulations in Kissimmee, Florida
If you’re planning on driving to Kissimmee or around the Central Florida area, there are some basic laws you should keep in mind:
- Drivers must carry a valid driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
- All passengers in the front seat must wear a seat belt, and all passengers under 18 must wear a seat belt.
- Children 3 and younger must be secured in a federally approved child-restraint seat; and children 4 through 5 must be secured by either a federally approved child-restraint seat or safety belt.
- For more information on seat belt laws, visit Department of Motor Vehicles – Florida.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is illegal.
- The legal age to consume alcoholic beverages is 21.
- Car headlights must be turned on after dusk and in the rain (day or night).
Receive Exclusive Offers from Kissimmee We promise not to overwhelm your inbox!