Rules of the Road
Driving Regulations in Kissimmee, Florida
If you’re planning on driving to Kissimmee or around the Central Florida area, there are some basic laws you should keep in mind:
- Drivers must carry a valid driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
- All passengers in the front seat must wear a seat belt, and all passengers under 18 must wear a seat belt.
- Children 3 and younger must be secured in a federally approved child-restraint seat; and children 4 through 5 must be secured by either a federally approved child-restraint seat or safety belt.
- For more information on seat belt laws, visit Department of Motor Vehicles – Florida.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is illegal.
- The legal age to consume alcoholic beverages is 21.
- Car headlights must be turned on after dusk and in the rain (day or night).
Receive Exclusive Offers from Kissimmee We promise not to overwhelm your inbox!