You are here
Tourism Industry – Support Resources
Experience Kissimmee’s thoughts are with our tourism community during this challenging time. The COVID-19 pandemic has caused unprecedented disruption to our industry, and we’re committed to help with the recovery efforts. For those experiencing hardship due to COVID-19, please take a look at the various Osceola County community and employment resources listed below for relief assistance.
We’ll do our best to update this page and provide timely information as we receive it.
Together, we’ll get through this crisis and come back stronger than ever.
Financial resources are available to assist Florida residents and businesses impacted by COVID-19 at osceola.org/covid19/financial-assistance. A community information portal for St. Cloud and Osceola County is available at stcloud.org/1812/COVID-19-Info.
- Adult Learning Center Osceola - Adult Learning Center Osceola (ALCO) provides opportunities to improve skills for jobs, at home, and in the community.
- Hope Partnership - Services include:
- Housing & Rental Assistance
- Utilities Assistance
- Senior Care
- Food Pantry & Meal Assistance
- Job Loss & Unemployment
- Health & Welfare
Please contact the CHC as services and hours of operation have changed.
- Early Learning Coalition - Osceola - Childcare for essential personnel needing a licensed, qualified daycare.
- Heart of Florida United Way – ALICE Program - In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Heart of Florida United Way has established a fund to support Central Florida residents whose financial stability is being impacted. The focus on the fund is to support ALICE (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) population experiencing hardship due to decreased hours or unpaid leave. If you live in Osceola, Orange or Seminole counties, click on the link to complete a short survey.
- Heart of Florida United Way 2-1-1 - You can access 2-1-1 by phone, email, chat or text (just text your zip code to 898-211). Reaching out will get you connected to a multilingual 2-1-1 specialist in your area who can put you in touch with local organizations providing critical services to improve and save lives. 2-1-1 is free and completely confidential, available 24/7.
- Kissimmee Responds - Residents and business owners in our community have been negatively affected by the COVID-19 health emergency. There are helpful resources available from government agencies and community partners that may assist your family or your business.
- Osceola Council on Aging - Serving all generations. Services include:
- Adult Day Care
- Meals on Wheels
- Food Pantry
- Case Management
- In-home Services
Please contact COA as some services and hours of operation have changed.
- Osceola County Human Services Department - Human Services provides low income families in Osceola County with assistance programs and referrals to services designed to improve the health and wellbeing of residents. Offices under Human Services include Housing, Social Services, and Veterans Services. Human Services also serves as the county liaison with the Osceola County Health Department.
- Osceola County Schools - Student Meals - To ensure that students have nutritious meals while away from school, the district's School Nutrition Services Department will provide FREE breakfast and lunch to children 18 years and under during the extended school closure. Complete list of meal sites.
- Salvation Army - Osceola - Services include:
- Emergency Food Pantry Mon, Wed, and Fri 12:30 – 1:30PM
- Showers Mon, Tues, Wed, and Fri 9:00AM – 9:45AM
- Clothes Closet Mon. Tues, Wed, and Fri 9:00AM – 11:00AM
- Daily Hot Meal Mon – Fri 11:00AM – 12:00PM
- Rent & Utility Assistance Mon – Fri 1:00PM – 4:00PM
- Dental & Medical for uninsured please call for information
Open to the public Mon – Fri 9:00AM – 12:00PM and 1:00PM – 4:00PM
- St. Cloud Community Pantry - Food pantry available for residents of St. Cloud. Open: Monday, Wednesday and Friday – 10:00am-2:00pm.
- Second Harvest Food Bank - Pantries - Second Harvest Food Bank works with 550 local feeding partners to provide food to Central Floridians in need. If you need food assistance, visit their website and search by your zip code.
- University of Central Florida - Targeted Research Training (TRT) Program - This resource portal contains a wealth of information for hospitality industry workers and has sub-portals for frontline employees, managers, and researchers
- Above & Beyond Foundation - The Above & Beyond Foundation is providing grants to outstanding hospitality industry workers who have lost their jobs.
- Hospitality Tourism Travel Activities - Recovery registry meant to keep communication channels open between the unemployed and furloughed tourism workers to hospitality trade associations and destination management entities.
- One Fair Wage Emergency Fund - Supporting tipped workers, delivery drivers and other service workers.
- Restaurant Employee Relief Fund - Provides grants to restaurant employees who have been financially affected by COVID-19 whether through decreased wages or loss of employment.
- Restaurant Workers Community Foundation - The RCWF Board of Directors has approved directing funds raised via the COVID-19 Fundraising Page during this crisis to be allocated to direct relief to individual restaurant workers, non-profit organizations serving restaurant workers in crisis, and loans for restaurants to get back up and running.
- USBG Bartender Emergency Assistance Program - USBG National Charity Foundation is made up of a diverse group of beverage, hospitality, and nonprofit professionals. In order to qualify for grant assistance from the Bartender Emergency Assistance Program, you must be a Bartender or the spouse or child of a Bartender. Other requirements apply. See website for details.
- Career Source Florida - COVID-19 Disaster Recovery Programs for employers and individuals.
- Employ Florida - Employ Florida Disaster Recovery Jobs Portal for employers and individuals.
- Florida Jobs - Florida Department of Economic Opportunity - information and links to connect for reemployment assistance.
- HireDayOrlando - Hire Day Orlando, Virtual Job Fair. 90+ Central Florida Employers still hiring.
- National Career Fairs - National Career Fairs has held over 10,000 career fairs nationwide and have had more than 1 million job seekers attend job fairs over the last 19 years. They are currently holding virtual job fairs in over 130 cities throughout the United States.
- Tourismo - One-stop recruiting solution for employers and employees of the travel industry.
- Who’s Hiring - Orlando Sentinel Job Listing
Join Our Efforts
Want to work with us to help support our community? Let’s join efforts to better Osceola County!
CONTACT US: [email protected]