Kissimmee Safety Fact Sheet
Ideally located in Central Florida, Kissimmee is a place where epic adventures and dream-come-true moments happen. Kissimmee is excited to welcome back visitors and wants to ensure vacationers feel safe planning and enjoying their vacation. Experience Kissimmee gathered safety information that can help visitors during their next trip to the sunny destination.
AdventHealth Centra Care
AdventHealth, Experience Kissimmee’s official healthcare partner, offers many testing locations throughout Central Florida. PCR testing results are available within two to three days, and antigen test results are also available in as little as 15 minutes after sample collection. To find a location and book an appointment, click here.
Orlando International Airport
Orlando International Airport offers COVID-19 rapid tests and is an accredited GBAC Star Facility, meaning its safety and health protocols have received a gold standard of excellence. Hours of operation are from Thursday to Monday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. To book an appointment, click here.
- Most vacation homes and resorts offer contactless check-in options.
- Following CDC guidelines, homes and rooms follow a rigorous cleaning procedure to help ensure guests’ safety.
- Housekeeping or any other necessary maintenance is provided only by request, and all staff adhere to CDC’s safety guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer stations can be found throughout all common areas.
- All recreational areas are being rigorously cleaned to ensure the safety of staff and guests. That means high-touch surfaces are disinfected after every use. Doorknobs, hand and grab rails, seating, and restroom surfaces are sanitized frequently.
- Most front desks and guest services areas implemented plexiglass for protection between guest and staff.
Theme Parks and Attractions:
- It is recommended to check each attraction’s website before visiting, as they are continuously updating hours of operations.
- Attractions have been operating at reduced capacity to help guarantee the safety of all staff and guests. Some attractions, such as Walt Disney World Resort, require reservation in advance.
- Face coverings are required for all guests (ages 2 and up). Guests may remove face coverings while actively eating or drinking but must be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing.
- Temperature screenings are required for entry to some locations.
- Temporary adjustments are in place to promote social distancing. Signage is included in queues.
- Large groups should be divided.
- Hand sanitizer stations can be found throughout the attractions.
- Some experiences have been modified or are temporarily closed to avoid crowds; however, new experiences have been added for guests.
For more information and resources, visit Kissimmee’s Safety Hub.
The Experience Kissimmee Story:
Almost 50 years of vacation-making experience. More than 9,000,000 overnight visitors. And closer than the wave-of-a-wand away from world-famous theme parks and attractions, the headwaters of the Everglades, extraordinary natural wonders, and plates for every palate. We’re Experience Kissimmee, the official tourism authority for Osceola County, Florida. (That means we oversee sales and marketing for the destination.) We’re also the Vacation Home Capital of the World®, with more than 70,000 accommodation options, including luxury resorts, family-friendly hotels, and over 50,000 vacation homes.
Need help planning your next getaway? Or dreaming up future travel plans? Mimi is here to help. Interact with Experience Kissimmee’s chatbot, directing you to all things Kissimmee.
Tap into the magic. Get inspired at experiencekissimmee.com.
Experience Kissimmee Communications Department