You are here
Experience Kissimmee is the tourism authority for the Kissimmee destination and Osceola County. The popular destination welcomes more than 7 million visitors overnight from all over the world, offering convenient access to Orlando’s theme parks and a host of natural adventures such as airboat rides and zip line safaris. Kissimmee is also the vacation home rental capital of the world, boasting a wide variety of home-away-from-home units among its more than 50,000 total lodging options that also include luxury resorts, comfortable hotels and more.
We are currently seeking an Event Planner to provide services to sports, meetings and conventions and other events booked in Kissimmee as well as to assist with the planning and executing of Experience Kissimmee’s events and familiarization tours. This position will work closely with the internal Meetings Sales Team to service and plan events for meeting planner clients.
Below are some of the major responsibilities of the position:
- Establish contact with sports, meetings & conventions, and event planners who have booked meetings and special events into the area. Determine servicing needs and resource allocation for each event.
- Ensure that contract deliverables are met by the planner and Experience Kissimmee.
- Develop relationships with planners that will encourage repeat bookings.
- Input and maintain client database information to include: contact information, history and future data, follow up traces, reports, and account coding.
- Maintain familiarity with area facilities and vendors in order to match the needs with the business.
- Works directly with planners on all aspects of an event from pre-planning, determining needed resources, pre-event marketing, on-site coordination, to post event follow up.
- Attend pre- and post- meetings with planners, venues and appropriate vendors.
- Work with event planners and Experience Kissimmee staff to offer marketing, traditional media and social media support as needed to enhance event attendance and increase destination awareness.
- Attend events/conventions the year prior to the event/convention being held in Kissimmee in order to promote the destination and increase attendance.
- Assist event organizers to provide on-site services such as: volunteer coordination, staffing, event set-up/tear-down and contracted labor.
- Prepare and review reports including financial, economic impact, room nights, attendee statistics and surveys, event budgets and summaries.
- Plan and execute Experience Kissimmee familiarization tours, internal meetings and special events. Duties can include:
- Collaborate with internal departments to determine: purpose, goals, theme, event itineraries and agendas and other deliverables.
- Plan and attend meetings and site inspections.
- Create itineraries and agendas.
- Escort familiarization tours.
- Plan all aspects of events such as: food and beverage, audio-visual, entertainment, guest speaker arrangements, room configuration, décor, transportation, accommodations and staffing.
- Prepare pre- and post-event reports, budgets, and event summaries.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management or related field and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in event planning or event services preferably within the tourism industry. Will substitute experience for education.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Database (CRM) entry and maintenance.
- Ability to effectively lead a group of volunteers engaged in carrying out public/private sports and events functions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with sports and events planners, departmental staff, supervisors and the general public.
- Requires strong customer relations skills, communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, both analytical and problem solving,
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure.
- Must be a self-motivated, team player with high energy and a great attitude.
- Ability to travel off-site or out-of-office locations within the United States.
We are a diverse group of high performing individuals working to make a positive impact on our community. Experience Kissimmee offers competitive benefits and a rewarding work experience. The organization pays for almost 80% of medical and dental premiums, 100% of basic term life insurance and 100% of short and long term disability premiums. Experience Kissimmee also offers a competitive and generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan and a safe harbor 401(k) plan.
We offer a competitive compensation package with an annual performance review process, opportunities for professional development and membership to professional organizations.
Experience Kissimmee is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with, and where applicable, in addition to federal, state and local employment regulations, Experience Kissimmee will provide employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or other such protected classes as may be defined by law. All personnel actions and programs will adhere to this policy. Personnel actions and programs include, but are not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, educational programs and/or social activities.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume to Julia DeVault, Director of Human Resources at [email protected].