Does this sound familiar? Before your vacation, you spend hours planning, booking, and scheduling activities to fill up every moment of your time away. During your vacation, you squeeze in as much as you can so you don’t feel like you’re missing out on anything. And when you come home? You feel overwhelmed and burnt out, like you need a vacation from the one you just took (it’s okay….we’ve all been there).
Or maybe you’ve experienced the flipside. An underwhelming vacation where you come home feeling like nothing you did was particularly memorable and that the location didn’t live up to the expectations set by your friends’ insanely amazing Instagram photos. More “meh” and less “man, I have to go back!”.
What if you could achieve a state of vacation nirvana? Where you could find excitement for everyone, and time to just be...together? Where you’ll never run out of things to do or feel the pressure to cram it all in?
That’s where finding the perfect vacation balance comes in. We call this being perfectly Whelmed.
Whelmed is a new vacation emotion. It’s the idea that the perfect amount of vacation can actually exist. That being overwhelmed — or underwhelmed — shouldn’t be the norm during your travels. That you can find the exact right balance of thrill and chill moments to check all your “awesome vacation” boxes. And Kissimmee, Florida has everything you could need to achieve that perfectly balanced getaway.
What does being perfectly Whelmed look like? You can decide. It’s about finding the right balance of whatever it is you need for your well-earned vacation, because everyone fits somewhere different on the thrill/chill scale. Your kids might be all about theme park action, while your in-laws may be happier getting in a round of golf. You might be set on an epic outdoor adventure, while your partner is in need of some solid shopping time and R&R by the pool. There’s no wrong answer – it’s just giving yourself permission to make your vacation what you and your family need it to be.
- Meet Mimi! Our new chatbot and expert online vacation planner is here to help you at every step of your planning journey, from initial exploring to providing itinerary suggestions for your best trip ever.
- Make a list of must-dos…and schedule one per day. That way, your itinerary isn’t overwhelming and you’ve got lots of flexibility to go wherever the warm Central Florida winds take you — or take some time to recharge your batteries.
- Go off the beaten path. Of course the big attractions will be on your list, and we don’t blame you! But there’s so much more to explore when you open yourself to hidden-gem adventures. We’re talking kayaking through the headwaters of the Everglades, strolling through the town of Celebration, or experiencing the breathtaking Central Florida vistas from the sky in a hot air balloon ride. So many possibilities!
- Ask a local. Not everyone in Kissimmee is on vacation. Ask someone local what they love about living here and where you should explore. Odds are, you’ll discover something really cool.
- Pick the perfect place to stay. Where convenience meets relaxation, that’s where you want to be. Look for somewhere that offers easy-access to those must-dos, but still meets all your maxin’, relaxin’ requirements.
Plus, when it comes to accommodations, it’s easy to stay your way in Kissimmee. Do you want a hotel where everything is taken care of for you? Or are you more of a D.I.Y.-style traveler who prefers the space and freedom of your own vacation home? Whether your family has two members or 20, finding a place that fits your wishes (and your wallet) feels as simple as a wave of a wand. Our places to stay list can help you get started with your perfectly balanced vacation oasis.
To create your perfectly Whelmed vacation, take a look at all the thrills and chills waiting for you in Kissimmee on our website.
And, keep up with all that’s Whelmed when you subscribe to our newsletter. It's full of fun vacation planning tips and tricks that will help make your Kissimmee vacation unforgettable.