There are so many people that love popcorn that it just makes sense to have a day that acknowledges them. The second Thursday in March is always Popcorn Lover's Day, and this year it falls on March 9. On Popcorn Lover's Day, popcorn lovers everywhere enjoy popcorn and share it with others. See the infographic below for some interesting facts about popcorn.
So if you're ready to spread some popcorn around, visit Kissimmee Popcorn Company at Old Town Kissimmee. Since 1985, Kissimmee Popcorn has been popping and serving fresh popcorn every single day. They've got 120 flavors available in cups, bags, or even designer tins - so you can pick up some popcorn to share with your family, friends, or co-workers.
From cinnamon to wasabi, you'll find almost every flavor of popcorn imaginable at Kissimmee Popcorn Company. And if they don't have it, they'll mix it for you! They're open 365 days a year, from 10 am to 10 pm, so stop by to satisfy your popcorn craving.
March 9th is Popcorn Lovers' Day, a day for people to enjoy popcorn and share it with others. But did you know that popcorn has been a popular snack thousands of years? Here's some facts you may not know about popcorn.
1. The oldest popcorn ever found was discovered in a cave in New Mexico. It's thought to be about 5,600 years old!
2. Natives throughout the Americas ate popcorn. A common way to cook it was to put an oiled ear on a stick and hold it over a fire.
3. A Chicago entrepreneur named Charles Cretors built the first popcorn-popping machine in the 1890s. By 1900 Cretors introduced a horse-drawn popcorn wagon.
4. The first patent for a microwave popcorn bag was issued to General Mills in 1981, and home popcorn consumption increased by tens of thousands of pounds!
5. Today the average American eats nearly 70 quarts of popcorn a year!
If you're a popcorn fanatic, you should visit Kissimmee Popcorn at Old Town Kissimmee. You'll find 120 delicious flavors of popcorn, or you can make up your own combination!