Thank you for visiting Experience Kissimmee's careers page to learn more about joining our family of employees.
The Experience Kissimmee team is a diverse group of high performing individuals working to make a positive impact on our community. Experience Kissimmee offers competitive benefits and a rewarding work experience. The organization pays for almost 80% of medical and dental premiums, 100% of basic term life insurance, and 100% of short- and long-term disability premiums. Experience Kissimmee also offers a competitive and generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan and a safe harbor 401(k) plan.
We offer a competitive compensation package with an annual performance review process, opportunities for professional development, and membership to professional organizations.
Experience Kissimmee is seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
Experience Kissimmee is currently looking for a Sports Marketing Coordinator. This role provides administrative support and coordinates departmental activities and projects for the Kissimmee Sports Commission to support the growth and development of sports tourism in the destination.
This position will telecommute and work some days at Experience Kissimmee’s office in Celebration and some days from home. In addition, in-person meetings will be required at locations throughout the Kissimmee and Osceola County; therefore, candidates are expected to live in Central Florida. Possession of a valid Florida driver’s license and a clean 3-year motor vehicle report is required.
Below are some major responsibilities of the position:
- Maintain the Executive Director’s calendar, this includes coordination of meetings and conference calls with visitors or internal team members. This includes reserving meeting space, requesting tech assistance, ordering food and beverage, and preparing meeting materials and minutes.
- Assist the Executive Director and Director with maintenance of a Client Database. This includes data entry and reviewing trace notes in the Simple View CRM.
- Provide administrative support for the Executive Director and Director’s participation in conferences and trade shows. This includes processing registration, making travel arrangements, shipping of amenities and/or sales packets, completing expense reports, gathering Industry Partner information if needed for the conference, as well as sending follow-up letters/notes on behalf of the Executive Director and Director and setting follow-up meetings with clients.
- Responsible for creating and updating templated contracts, routing for internal and external approvals and signatures, and filing fully executed contracts.
- Assist the Executive Director with coordinating timelines and gathering assets to validate contract deliverables have been met by contracted partners. This includes tracking, scheduling, and coordinating the use of tickets as well as communicating with partners locally and internationally on behalf of the department regarding the completion of projects.
- Work with the Executive Director to manage the contracted deliverables agreed upon through strategic partnerships. Serve as a point of contact with these partners.
- Responsible for the coordination of processing invoices by accurately coding with account codes, routing for signature and to Finance for payment. Will also assist with the annual budget preparation and research for new fiscal year activities.
- Assist with the Board of Directors and Board of County Commissioners and Tourist Development Council reoccurring reports and presentations by gathering the department’s information, updating the PowerPoint slides.
- Work with the Executive Director to coordinate the quarterly Kissimmee Sports Advisory Board meetings. Serves as point of contact for members of the advisory board, distributes communications to the advisory board and internal KSC team members. Works with the Executive Director to develop the meeting agendas and when necessary, coordinates directly with guest speakers regarding their participation.
- Responsible for the coordination of the development of marketing materials for the department.
- Responsible for coordination and tracking of the grants and events through the established process. This includes data entry and processing through Finance.
- Support the Director of Sports Development with the coordination and logistics of familiarization trips. This includes industry partner communications, coordination or meals and transportation and airfare and hotel arrangements.
- At the request of the Executive Director, represent the organization at local industry functions and during visits to Industry Partner locations.
- Responsible for creation of monthly and quarterly reports. This includes reviewing reports for upcoming deadlines and communicating the deadlines to the department and the Executive Director to keep the department on track.
- Maintain department’s files both hard copy and electronic. Maintain department’s calendar of events.
- Act as a department liaison for prospective clients, current clients, and industry partners, as needed in the absence of the Executive Director or Director.
- Provide activation support responsibilities for select department events. i.e., strategic partnerships activity, trade shows, etc., as needed.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies for the department.
- Perform duties as assigned/necessary which are related or logical in assignment to the position.
Required Education & Experience:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree and two years of related experience. Will substitute experience for education.
- Proficient in MS Office suite and CRM database maintenance.
- Experience with Adobe E-sign software is preferred.
- Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, both analytical and problem solving, and the ability to work with confidential documents.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume to Julia DeVault, Director of Human Resources, at [email protected].
Experience Kissimmee is currently recruiting for a Meetings Sales and Services Manager. This role will actively sell the destination to meeting planners and provide meeting services to definite meeting groups booked in the destination. The role is responsible for overall sales and meeting services processes as it relates to booking meetings in Kissimmee/Osceola County hotels and off-site venues to generate hotel room nights and economic impact for the destination. This role will work with the Northeast market.
This sales manager will telecommute and work some days at Experience Kissimmee’s office in Celebration and some days from home. In addition, in-person meetings will be required at various locations throughout Kissimmee and Osceola County; therefore, candidates are expected to live in Central Florida. Possession of a valid Florida’s driver’s license and a clean 3-year motor vehicle report is required. Occasional domestic travel is expected for this position.
Below are the responsibilities of the position.
- Serve as a point of contact between the Kissimmee/Osceola County destination and prospective, new and existing meeting planners.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with prospective, new, and existing meeting planners in the Northeast market to acquire new and unique leads for the destination as well as meet individual sales and services goals.
- Solicit new and existing meetings and events for Kissimmee/Osceola County via telephone, email, in-person meetings, virtual webinars, events, and trade shows.
- Communicate destination services to meeting planners. Generate leads and referrals to Industry Partners through the CRM.
- Coordinate and conduct destination site tours for potential/tentative clients. Coordinate and conduct client meetings in-person and virtually with Experience Kissimmee Industry Partners to provide overview of complimentary services available in the destination.
- Deliver effective and targeted market-specific presentations virtually and in person through the sales process.
- Monitor trends affecting the tourism and meetings industry by networking with clients and other CVBs/DMOs.
- Maintain product knowledge through onsite visits or virtual meetings with Experience Kissimmee Industry Partners, especially the meeting accommodations, facilities, and meeting service vendors.
- Respond to leads and work in Cvent on daily basis.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records for all assigned accounts in the CRM. Create monthly reports through the CRM recapping sales and services activity.
- Actively maintain professional association memberships and involvement specific to designated market segments. Use affiliation as a catalyst for making key connections, destination exposure possibilities and uncovering new opportunities for the destination.
- Work with Sr. Director of Meeting Sales & Services to create client welcome initiatives and retention programs for repeat clients.
- Assist with the development of annual sales & marketing plans to promote Experience Kissimmee to the meetings industry and support the Director of Sales in developing a strategic plan for new business.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of related sales or service experience. Experience with association and national association meetings market within a hotel, association, or CVB/DMO is required. Will substitute experience for education.
- CMP (Certified Meeting Professional) designation preferred.
- Experience working with meeting planners, third party organizations, and other businesses based in the northeast territory of the US.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, intermediate proficiency in PowerPoint and CRM Database management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with meeting planners, departmental staff, supervisors and the general public.
- Experience with public speaking. Ability to provide professional welcome presentations and educational presentations to various size groups in-person and virtually.
- Requires strong customer relations skills, communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, both analytical and problem solving, and the ability to work with confidential documents.
- Must be self-motivated, a team player with high energy and a great attitude.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others across the organization and with Industry Partners.
Travel: Frequent travel throughout Osceola County is required. Occasional domestic travel is required for this position, approximately 30%.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume to Heidi Velasquez, Human Resources Representative, at [email protected].
Experience Kissimmee provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability/handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Experience Kissimmee complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This EEO policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.